Email and social media can help you to build strong relationships with your supporters and the wider public, but few organisations make the most of these powerful tools. This course covers tried and tested techniques to maximise social media activity and email response rates.
Charities, pressure groups, museums and galleries who are taking their first steps in online communications; organisations whose social media profiles and supporter emails need reinvigorating.
The course is split into two half-day sessions. The first looks at social media such as Twitter and Facebook, the second explores email newsletters.
- Setting up, running and making best use of specific social media platforms
- Building relationships with your supporters
- Growing your base of followers, fans and friends
- Moving your supporters up the ‘ladder of engagement’
- The dos and don’ts of social media, including tips on etiquette
- Managing your reputation online – what are people saying about you?
- Developing an integrated social media policy
- Choosing a bulk email provider
- Creating emails that people want to read
- Including effective ‘calls to action’
- Building your subscriber list
- Evaluating your email campaigns